Why You Should Support Your Local and Statewide Park District
During the past several months, Illinois Association of Park Districts has been working closely with aQity Research & Insights to analyze the results of an IAPD-funded survey pertaining to the W-2 employment and revenue data of IAPD member agencies.
The report contains impressive statewide results, including key finding such as:
– Park districts, forest preserves, conservation districts, and special recreation agencies employ more than 67,000 people statewide.
– These jobs represent nearly $720 million paid in wages and compensation.
– More than 62% of an agency’s employees live within the district where they work.
– Roughly half of these jobs provide important early work experience for younger adults (ages 25 and
– Statewide, just over half of agency revenues come from non-tax sources, including earned revenue (program fees and memberships) and other sources (grants, donations, interest, etc.)